Taking Care of our Garibaldi Team
Who We Are
We are a Canadian and privately owned, architectural glass fabrication facility serving local and international markets. Since 1966, Garibaldi Glass has grown to become the premier source of innovative glass solutions, currently employing over 200 employees working in our 160,000 square foot facility in Burnaby, BC. As we look towards our next 50 years, we are eager to continue our journey to excellence through the continuous improvement of our products and processes to become the leading custom glass fabricator on the West Coast.
The Garibaldi Way: A culture that creates and delivers products, services, knowledge, and solutions to positively shape the industry. Our brand and reputation is known and respected in all corners and segments of the markets we serve. We sustain a fun, enviable community. We have strong ties with all of our partners.
What We Believe In
We act in an honest and trustworthy manner. We say what we do and do what we say. We take ownership of decisions and actions, recognizing their importance to success. Do what’s right!
Think outside the box. Generate and offer creative new ideas, to resolve challenges and create opportunities. Develop and differentiate ourselves in everything we do. Create it!
We Never Ever Give Up
We always persevere. We are tenacious problem solvers. We challenge ourselves to be creative and resilient. We seek mutual success through win-win-win solutions. Find a way!
Why We Do What We Do
It’s not just about the glass! We are Building a Legacy of Purposeful Beauty. Each day we have the opportunity to create and influence the design and building of functional, healthy and comfortable spaces. We connect the world and unify the shared human experience through beautiful places where people gather.
Why Join Our Team
Working at Garibaldi means the opportunity to be a part of some of North America’s premier construction projects and the ability to leave your mark on a city’s landscape. Garibaldi’s commitment to continuous improvement and the fusion of innovation, integrity and a never, ever give up spirit to everything we do, makes working at Garibaldi more than just a job.
You can also expect:
- World class team and state of the art facility
- Open concept office creating a bright and comfortable atmosphere
- A large, clean manufacturing facility with state of the art technology
- Onsite gym
- Lockers and showers
- Ping pong table
- Unique party facility
- Free parking
- Bike storage
- WorkSafeBC Certificate of Recognition (COR) Health and Safety and Injury Management Program
- Proactive health and safety program always striving for improvement
- Free hearing tests under our Hearing Conservation Program
- Free Personal Protective Equipment designed specifically for your work
- Trained Safety Committee advocating for you
- Celebrations for achieving landmark safe days and hours
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical, extended health, dental and long term disability benefits
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (Confidential and Anonymous)
- Eyewear and Hearing Aids discounts through PVS
- Boot Allowance Subsidy
- Discounts at hotels, car rentals and Marks Work Warehouse
- Garibaldi U (Learning & Development Program)
- Comprehensive learning and development program
- Dedicated training room
- New Hire Orientation program
- Thorough on the job training
- Opportunity for cross training
- Cross functional team projects
- Professional association sponsorship
- Buddy Program
- You will always have a friend at Garibaldi!
- Kitchen stocked with delicious (and free) coffee, tea & hot chocolate
- Large spacious Galley perfect for eating and connecting with your team
- TV and computer access
- Popcorn Fridays
- Fun Events planned by our G-Force Committee
- Summer BBQs
- Christmas celebrations (Potlucks, Kids Santa party and Post-holiday party)
- Monthly holiday celebrations
- Themed activities throughout the year
- Employee Recognition Programs and Awards
- Kudo Board program to recognize fellow employees weekly and monthly
- Annual “Joe Dutton” Award to recognize a fellow employee with a great attitude
- Annual “Most Outstanding Team Member” Award to recognize a fellow employee who works hard and goes above and beyond
- Community Involvement
- BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- The Food bank
- The Sun Run
- Supporting other charities as voted by team members
- Central location close to major routes and transit accessible